U.S. Army Garrison Baden-Württemberg delivers quality installation services while providing command, control and resources to support diverse, transforming communities.
Mission Essential Task List (METL)
The USAG Baden-Württemberg METL reflects the BASOPS priorities of IMCOM, and provides solid grounding for the Garrison’s activities. All of the strategic plan goals that follow are intended to enhance our ability to execute one, or more, of these primary tasks.
USAG Baden-Württemberg METL:
1. Exercise command and control
2. Provide installation safety and force protection
3. Continually review and refine business processes to provide sound stewardship of resources
and the environment
4. Provide customer-focused services and support including Well-Being programs
5. Maintain and improve installation infrastructure
6. Foster and maintain positive community relations
7. Support the Army Force Generation (ARFORGEN) process
8. Plan and conduct transformation
9. Conduct strategic communication in support of mission
10. Recruit, develop and retain quality workforce
To be your “Home Away From Home:” a desired overseas military community in which to live, work and play throughout change.
The vision of Home Away from Home demands that we provide a means for our team to develop respect for all personnel with whom they interact during the workday. As we implement this plan we want all involved to understand why selfless service is an Army value and why we strive toward such service in executing base operations support functions. To foster this sense of respect and pride – and to provide a forum for positive feedback – we will develop our awards program to honor our team members who exceed expectations. This plan is committed to giving our workforce the means to increase their personal integrity, which is the guiding force for achieving the Home Away from Home vision. A guiding principle of this strategic plan is that employees must be empowered to make the correct decisions to ensure the delivery Home Away from Home service at all times.